Simms Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Our Cruise!! {Days 1 &2}

Chris and I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but we really didn't want to travel alone.  We thought a group trip might be fun.  So, some friends of ours booked a cruise through Carnival in the summer of 2011, and we decided to tag along!  It was a wonderful time of relaxation, lots of eating, and great time with friends.  We went on the Carnival Fantasy ship out of Charleston on December 14th.  It was so nice to just drive 20 minutes and get dropped off on the ship.  (Side note...A big thanks to Mr. and Mrs. O'Neal for watching Simms while we were away!)

The first day we were on board we did a lot of eating!! Lunch, snacks, dinner, snacks... So much food everywhere!  We also did see a show that evening and watched a game of Bingo. 

 Our Room, with a tiny view!

The desk and closet in our room


Our Room number

The bathroom in our room (there was a small shower to the right)

On board!  Ready to go!

Sweet friends, Jennifer and Allison

At Dinner.  I think I had the Flank Steak.  I ate that almost every night, yummo!  Along with the chocolate cake :)

We had a fun towel animal on our bed every night after dinner, along with a schedule of all the fun things on ship the next day.  So, of course I photographed them :)

Day 2 was a Day at Sea.  We woke up early to go to breakfast, and then we played mini golf on the ship.  I did not photograph this because I was too busy trying to hold down my dress.  The wind was CRAZY!!  The weather was around 60 degrees with 30mph wind.  Not really laying out weather.  In the afternoon, after lunch on the Lido deck, it rained.  So, we played a few games in the library.  Jennifer said this was her least favorite part of the trip.  She doesn't like Trivial Pursuit.  Neither do I...I never answered one question right.  Guess who won...Chris, imagine that! :)  That night was Fancy Dinner night.  We had a great time!  It was fun to dress up and go out.  It was also fun to not worry about feeding another person.  Although we missed Simms, freedom was enjoyed!  After dinner, we went to the show were they played a Newlywed game.  Our friends were chosen, and boy was it funny!  Fun day at sea!

Soft serve, every day...all day! 

Before lunch!

Game time!

Winner, winner! 

Inside the cruise ship

Our Dining Room

Fancy dinner! :)

The Cradys :)

The Adrians :)

The Newlywed game!

Good job guys!

Stay tuned for the remainder of the cruise! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment