A few funny stories from the day. We walked to a beach called Junkanoo Beach. Then we wanted to eat lunch. The people did not warn us of the LONG walk. I didn't wear the best shoes for this event either. After checking Mapquest, we walked around 4 miles to get there, crazy! Also another funny story. We bought a $5 plastic sword for Simms as a fun gift. We had to check it in on the ship upon our return, they thought it was a weapon! I looked very silly waiting in line for that, oh my!
Ready for the day! Up early!
Our ship at dock
The Cradys
The Adrians
Just in case you didn't know...
Welcome to the crazy streets of cab drivers!
Where to go??
Fun market!
I guess when the hurricanes came through during the summer, it tore down the old market. We were there opening weekend of the new market. The devestation was still not all cleaned up.
All over the world you see Golden Arches
Junkanoo Beach
Police!
Our view from lunch
Resting after our at least 4 mile walk, one way that is!
Chris enjoyed fish, fried plantans, rice, etc. Local foods!
Of course, I got grilled cheese and fries :)
Atlantis!
We couldn't tour much there since we were not guests. But we did see the lobby and casino areas. They had AMAZING glass art works. Wow!!
Dinner back on the boat. I love my friends!
Our whole table, with our new friends from Charolette, NC, Candice and Devon!
Our 4th day on the cruise we docked at Freeport, Bahamas. It was also very chilly there, maybe around 55 degrees and overcast. I didn't pack well for chilly weather. I did not bring one pair of jeans even, yikes! Once again, our cruise ship dropped us off in the middle of nowhere, and we went sightseeing. Jeremy used to live near Freeport for about a year, so he knew of fun places to go. We visited another beach, Port Lucaya. We had dreams of going snorkling before we left for the cruise, but the water was VERY CHILLY! The guys got in, the girls watched from the beach. We also ate another yummy lunch at a Greek spot, and relaxed and shopped in few stores. I got Simms a maraca, and he loves it. We also got a wooden carved fish for a fun memory. That evening we were so tired from early mornings up and sightseeing. We had a great dinner, watched a comedy show, then went to bed.
Jeremy gets us a taxi!
Shops
There version of a farmers market. They were selling small toys and trinkets
The big resort on the island, and it was empty! Not a busy time of year
At Port Lucaya
The boys brave the water! Joel first...
Then Jeremy...
Chris last!
The girls watch! Allison :)
Jennifer :)
Me!
We look rough, sorry! Lunch at a Greek place (I forgot the name!)
They had a dip that came out shapped like a girl's tatas!
Joel and Chris
Blurry, but before dinner
The dog...I think
The frog
The heart on the last night, along with chocolates :)
Day 5 was another day at sea. I had dreams of laying by the pool all day. But, it was still way to cold. I only took ONE picture the whole day because all I did that day was eat and READ. I read a whole book in one day, woohoo! It was so relaxing. I love books by Karen Kingsbury and totally recommend her Baxter series.
We had a great time on the cruise. We might take another one, or we might just fly to our resort. I think the best part was everything was paid in advance and you never had to worry about paying for meals or shows, etc. I recommend it to anyone who has never been.
No comments:
Post a Comment