Simms Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Night in the Valley

On January 27, 2012, Chris and I were invited to attend the Trident Technical College Culinary School Fundraiser/Gala.  I, of course, was told about it one week before the event, and after a mad search for a few hours, I couldn't come up with a dress. So, I wore something not formal enough, and of we went!  We were invited to attend with other council members and the Mayor.  It was a fun time with lots of crazy food that I had never heard of.  I am a very picky eater, but  most people really enjoyed it.  Here are a few pictures from the evening.  One we took before we left.  I had the world's most UNCOMFORTABLE shoes ever!  I wore them that night, and promptly returned them!  Cute, but not comfy!  Then the rest of the pictures are from the professional photographer from the evening.  There was also an auction during the dinner.  Everything was crazy expensive, so we just enjoyed watching others bid.  Like, dinner for 4 people downtown for $$$thousands$$!  

Chris got a fancy new tux, and I got uncomfortable shoes!  It was chilly out, don't be fooled!

Inside the Gala, all the tables


They had crazy amounts of wine!  We each probably had 6 or 7 different glasses set out!


The hallway leading to the Gala.  The kitchen was off to the right side.  We got to tour it and have appetizers.  It might have been the best part of the night!


 
Our table! 
Front Row: Councilman John Burn and wife Elizabeth.  Chris and I.
Back Row: Mayor, Billy Swails and wife Peggy.  Councilman Elton Carrier and wife Cathy.

Dessert, yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment