Simms Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Simms' First Birthday Party {The Decorations}

I love to do crafts!  In my dream home, I would have an entire craft room, organized and colorfully fun!  So, when I was planning Simms birthday party, I might have tried to tackle one too many crafts, haha!  For months, I spent many nap times and bedtimes researching and creating fun memories for Simms party.  So, I hope you enjoy my Semi-Homemade Birthday Party!

The theme of the party was elephants.  I decided this when he was 4 months old.  Yes, I have been planning that long.  Yes, I am crazy! :)  Simms sleeps with an elephant every nap and night time.  He loves it, so I couldn't think of anything else more appropriate.

When I found this little plate, the color scheme and main theme was set!  Hooray!

Here is his invitation, with the address marked out of course for crazy blog stalkers!  It found a creator on Etsy called ShesTutuCuteBtq!  She did an EXCELLENT job with all my requests, and I was so pleased!

This was the "Adult" cake.  My cake lady was AMAZING!  She makes her own fondant and it is really yummy.  The cake was also super yummy too.  I got chocolate of course!  Please check her out at Carolina Cake Queen!

 
I also had some cupcake toppers created.  I printed the sheets, cut the circles, glued, etc.  Lots of work but super cute.  We stuck them in brownie bites!

 
I also used the toppers on the wrapped silverware.


We had elephants all around.  This is one of Simms favorite to snuggle with sitting on the main food table.


Simms high chair, all ready for cake eating!

His precious hat that he took plenty of pictures in pre-party.  Of course, the day of the big event, he wouldn't wear it!  Oh well!

I made a banner for the high chair.  Just printed some letters, and glued them to our scrapbook paper.

Cups, plates, napkins, etc...

Birthday banner I made using my fun Cricut!  Great machine, every crafter should have one!  We also put some peanuts around in vases for the elephants :)

The treat bag was animal crackers.  Simms loves to eat these!

I created a tissue paper one!  So fun and really added color to the event.  It was super easy to make, you can find directions here!

This was a fun craft!  I printed pictures for each month of Simms life, and made a memory board.  It was so neat to see how much he changed over one year.

This is the wreath I made for the front door!  I don't even know if anyone saw it, but I thought it was fun and ok!

Our elephant flower that welcomed everyone on our front porch.

My Tag party mat!  A great find on Zulily!

I have a SUPER talented friend who painted the elephant from scratch!  I attached him to our welcome sign in the front yard.  THANK YOU KATHY JOHNSON!

The main food table!  Can you believe all that work and this was the ONLY picture I got?  The guests were hungry and we were behind getting it out!  We dined on Chicken Nuggets, Corn Dog Nuggets, Veggies and Dip, PB&J sandwiches and Pimento Cheese sandwiches shaped like elephants, Chips, Chex Mix, Hot Crab Dip, Fruit with Cream Cheese Dip, and Boiled Peanuts (thanks to Jeremy Crady!!)

Here is the dessert table.  We had Cake, Nutter Butters (for the elephant theme), chocolate covered oreos, Sopapilla Cheesecake, elephant lollipops (that I spent HOURS making!), brownie bites, and jello cups.  We love sweets!

I should have hired a photographer, haha!  Here is Simms outfit, and I loved it.  Even though I bought it in January, and it was to small through the midsection, and he did spend almost the whole party with it unsnapped, diaper flying in the breeze as he crawled around.

Our back porch (which was just totally redone), had the gifts and kids craft tables.  I hate I didn't get a picture of those!  They were super cute and bright.  All the kids loved the coloring and crafts, and the bubbles were a hit also.

Stay tuned for party guests, cake eating, and presents!  What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable party! You did such a great job - love all of your creative details! I'm sure Simms loved every second of it :)

    ReplyDelete